Easy Breezy

Easy Breezy
Being creative every day and making it look Easy Breezy!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bloggy Love

A few months ago I discovered Blogs completely by accident.  I had heard of blogs and I even watched that movie Julie and Julia about the girl who blogged about cooking her way through Julia Child's cookbook, but I thought to myself, number one, there is no way I'm cooking every day if I don't have to and number two, who'd want to read about me anyway.  So I poo poo'd blogging as being something that was not for me. Then my sister had a baby and I wanted to make some baby clothes for her. Martha Stewart had an episode on her show about making baby clothes and a woman was on there making some super cute baby bloomers.  Martha said the pattern could be found on her website so I got online and found it and printed it out. It had to be blown up 250% using a copy machine.  Try as I might I could not figure out how to do it. I even brought in some helpers who I thought were more copy machine savvy than I.  We just couldn't get it right.  So I got back on the computer to google "how to blow stuff up"!  You can imagine the sites it led me to! YIKES!  Needless to say, I never could figure out how to use Martha's cute pattern and was lamenting this fact to a friend who said, "hey, I've got a bloomer pattern you can use!"  SAVED!  Turns out it was the same pattern as Martha's - atleast the shape was the same from what I could tell in Martha's online picture. I actually ended up using Martha's pattern instructions because I loved how she used elastic thread around the leg openings instead of casings and elastic.  Maybe y'all will have more luck blowing the pattern up than I did.  Here are the super cute bloomers I made for my darling neice.


I think the bows make them even cuter. I figured she couldn't just run around in her bloomers,(well, she probably could since she's just a baby) so I decided to make a pillowcase dress to go with them.  Once again I had no pattern.  I actually went to the fabric store to purchase one but every variation of pattern was sold out.  These dresses are super popular around here.  I knew I really didn't need a pattern so I got back online and did some googling and came across this blog.  Oh. My. Word.  I love this blog.  If you are a beginning sewer like me you are going to love Eva Marie at Couturier Mommy!  She has lots of video tutorials that have helped me so much.  Here is the dress I made my neice. 
Is that cute or what?  I made this for her to wear to a family barbecue we were having.  Every southern girl since Scarlett O'Hara knows a good barbecue dress is a must!

  I made the bloomers and the dress out of $1 bandanas that I found at Hobby Lobby.

Well after finding Eva's blog, that was all she wrote, I was hooked!  I found some awesome blogs on sewing and crafting and home decor.  Pretty soon I found myself starting my sentences with "I saw the cutest thing on this blog..."  The more blogs I read the more I realized I was a lot like these women  - just a normal girl who likes to be creative and decorate and entertain.  I figured since I had been so inspired by these blogging women that maybe I could be an inspiration too.  Atleast that is my hope.

Here is a list of my top 5 favorite blogs just to get you started:






Also, check out this blog.  She's new to blogging (like me).
 On Sutton Place
                                            On Sutton Place
I found her through Kim at Savvy Southern Style.  She's got some beautiful paintings and she's hosting a giveaway celebrating her 6 month blogging anniversary. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from y'all!

view sourceprint? 01 09 10