Easy Breezy

Easy Breezy
Being creative every day and making it look Easy Breezy!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Do I feel a nip in the air?

There are a few things that signal fall for me... the purchasing of a scarecrow,  the making of my taco soup, and COLLEGE FOOTBALL!  I bought my scarecrow at Hobby Lobby yesterday.  Oddly enough, I was standing in the check-out line behind a man dressed like a mime.  I'd have taken his picture, but I thought that would have been rude.  Now if he'd been trapped in an invisible box I might have risked taking the picture and running, but that didn't appear to be the case.  Anyway, here's my newest scarecrow!  I'll buy another one to go in my yard as well, but this little guy will stand by my front door, unless I decide to place him on the hearth of my fireplace.  We'll see.  My boys are getting down my boxes and boxes of fall decorations from the attic as I am typing this, so the transformation of my house from summer to fall is about to begin.  Now if only the weather will cooporate. 
As for the making of the Taco Soup, it is still too hot for that.  But I did make this recipe from a fellow blogger over at Plain Chicken.  Check her out y'all - she has the most wonderful recipes.  Anyway it reminds me a bit of Taco Soup, as it has rotel tomatoes, black beans, and ground beef in it.  I decided to make this last night because I knew that I had all the ingredients in my pantry - or so I thought.  I know that I had a can of Rotel in my pantry, I would have bet on it, but when I went to get it, no tomatoes!  So back to the store I went  to get  ONE CAN OF TOMATOES!  If you are like me, there is no physical way to get out of Walmart without spending atleast $40!  So there I am, in the check out line again, but this time I'm standing behind an eighty-if-he-was-a-day old man wearing shorty shorts and a belly shirt!  I wanted to take his picture too, but I thought better of it.  To distract myself  I was checking out the purchases in my buggy.  Sometimes I just get tickled at the odd assortment of things that I pick up when I run in for just one thing!  I call it "Shopping for McGuiver".  I wonder what McGuiver could have made out of a huge bag of dog food, a can of Rotel tomatoes and a bra?

Now if you are from the South, you've probably got a football game on today.  Let me just say I didn't think I would survive the Auburn game today!  That was one exciting game!  Glad you pulled it off boys!  War Eagle Y'all!  Tonight we'll be watching the Georgia Bulldogs play, as we are a "House Divided!"  If you been reading my blog for the past month since I started it you know that my oldest son Seth is attending The University of Georgia.  You may not know that I am a huge Auburn fan!  So huge that I even have Football Day in my preschool class during Letter F week and we have War Eagle practice!   I can't tell you how many phone calls I got from my Georgia Fan Parents during the Georgia Auburn game last year when their children were shouting War Eagle at the TV!  Hee hee - mission accomplished Miss Wren! :)




Okay, I'm off to decorate my house for fall even though it is 93 degrees today.  Good news is that a "cold" front is coming through because of the tropical storm in the gulf and it will be a high of 81 on Monday!  That's practically fall in Georgia and I will be ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from y'all!

view sourceprint? 01 09 10