Easy Breezy

Easy Breezy
Being creative every day and making it look Easy Breezy!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sew Busy!

Along with getting out all my Fall decorations I've been busy sewing for my baby niece.  I'm trying to get these last few items made so I can turn my sewing room back into a dining room for the upcoming holidays.  Here is one little dress I've made for her.  Don't you just love this fabric?  It's called Tooty Fruity!

Then I made her this little pinafore top (that's the back shown) with coordinating pants, since the weather is getting cooler, she can wear a shirt under the top.  The fabric is also from the Tooty Fruity line.


I've also got her a reversible romper cut out of these fabrics as well.  My sister picked up these fabrics a while back and I think she got a yard a piece, which was enough to make more than one outfit each.  Oh,  and check out these darling fabrics I found at Hobby Lobby!  I think I'm becoming a hoarder!  I'd better get busy if I'm going to get my dining room back.

She's got to have something cute to wear for her first Halloween!  I love this trick or treat fabric, but I wish they sold a coordinating fabric to go with it.  I found this green damask print in another part of the store and since the color matches the green in the other print I got it.

I liked the green so much I went back today and got this fabric that actually coordinates with it.  I'm thinking of doing some ruffle leg pants and a long sleeve peasant top out of these.

I love this turquoise and white fabric, but I think I might wait until spring to make something with it.

Along with the sewing and decorating for Fall, I've got a couple other irons in the fire.  Check out this 1980s sofa table.  I love having my family photos on display, but I'm ready to do something different with this table.  First thing will be a coat of paint.

I still haven't decided what color the paint will be yet.  I've seen some gorgeous turquoise sofa tables around the blogosphere, but I might be too chicken for that.  We'll see.

 Remember the second "ugly chair"?  Well, she's fixin' to have a little change too! 

Stay tuned for the transformation.

Tomorrow I will be going out of town to sing in a September 11 memorial service.  I can't believe it's been ten years since that terrible day.  I was pregnant with my youngest and had kissed my husband good bye that morning as he left for the airport.  Luckily his plane landed safely and our story had a happy ending, unlike so many others.  I hope you'll join me in remembrance of those that were lost that day.

Join me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from y'all!

view sourceprint? 01 09 10