Easy Breezy

Easy Breezy
Being creative every day and making it look Easy Breezy!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Blog Slacker!

I know, I know... I am the biggest blog slacker ever, but it was just so busy the month of December I barely got on the computer. Now that the Christmas decorations are packed away, my more than 300 emails have been deleted weeded out, the laundry is caught up and the boys and I are back to school, I've got a little more time on my hands.  Instead of making a list of resolutions this year I've made a list of projects I want to complete this year.  I never seem to keep my resolutions - if I did, I'd be rich and skinny, so I'm hoping I'll be better at a "To Do" list.  First on the list is to re-do the second ugly chair.  I'm thinking about changing the finish on the wood by painting it either black or ivory.  First I need to decide on the fabric.

Second is doing some more sewing for my darling neice.  I don't think I showed y'all the precious reversible jumper I made for her first birthday party.  She had a pink snowflake themed party so this dress was PERFECT!
The outside of the dress is corderoy (I almost typed "pink corderoy" but I thought, duh, they can see that it's pink!) with a minky dot snowflake applique.  The opposite side is pink and white polka dot fabric.  I love the ball fringe trim too!  I think this is my favorite outfit to date!  Of course, I wasn't ready to quit while I was ahead, so I made her this little cutie to wear Christmas.

Another project I've been working on is my 1980's sofa table.  I've already painted it ivory, even though I really wanted to paint it turquoise.  I chickened out, thinking my living room is mostly earth tones with red accents and turquoise wouldn't go, but then I went to my friend Jennifer's house and her living room was very similar to mine except for her turquoise table!  It looked great, so now I am determined to paint my table as well.

Now to get motivated and get busy!



1 comment:

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from y'all!

view sourceprint? 01 09 10